The Spyderco is the most favorite and popular brand among knife connoisseurs due to the high level of dedication they pour into their craftsmanship.
The urge for innovation and the perfect equilibrium they maintain between performance and feasibility is rather amazing and plays a major role in the success of the brand.
Spyderco Para Military 2 – Specifications
The Spyderco Para Military – 2 is slightly a little larger than the mid-sized EDC. It measures around 8.3 inches as a whole. Its exceptional full flat ground plain edged blade is factory-made with the extraordinary S304 Steel.
The blade being the most vital feature of the knife, utmost care is given to keep up its quality and class. The blade comes with a length of around 3.4 inches, thickness of 0.15 inches and has a cutting edge of a little over 3 inches.
Next coming to the handle, it is the important feature that gives the user the actual grip while using it. It is made using the most apt G-10 material and it measures around 4.8 inches in length and has a thickness of 0.5 inches. It comes with stainless steel skeletonized liners.
The Paramilitary 2 is actually not that very heavy and offers ease to the holder weighing just around 3.75 ounces. It actually keeps up the Spyderco legacy of offering the stability, firmness and the trademark feature of Spyderco – the thumbhole.
The following table gives the whole picture of the specifications of Spyderco Paramilitary – 2 at a glance:
|S304 Stainless Steel
|Country of Origin
Spyderco Paramilitary – 2– Best Features:
The main feature that gives Spyderco paramilitary an edge over its competitors is undoubtedly the quality and the design, which is perfectly blended into a wonderful product that delights its users.
The moment the individual touches and does his first cut, he definitely understands that it is not just any ordinary pocketknife.
The quality of the knife, its practicability, its design and lots more in line all of them speak for the product. The thumb ramp and finger coils are just perfectly made and make the user comfortable to use it. The blade is perfectly flat and is placed just right in the center.
The main features could be listed as below:
- Perfect placement of thumb ramp and finger coils
- Sharp flat blades exactly centered
- The larger spydie hole that permits opening with gloved hands.
- Firm grip with the G-10 handle
- Practicality with perfection
- Easy operation and handling
- High Quality blade with high quality steel made of CPM – S304 stainless steel.
- The Spyderco paramilitary is a multipurpose pocket knife and can be effectively used for slicing, stabbing, thrusting, chopping, etc.,
- An impressive and smooth closing and opening, which gives the pocketknife it’s actual look.
- The bushing pivot system used actually lends a smooth gliding feature to the knife.
- The compression lock is so very solid that it gives the perfect safety to the user. Unless and until the knife is mishandled or operated, there si no chance of any mishaps with this flawless model of Pocketknife.
- Easy to clean and maintain.
- A perfect lanyard hole that is actually a bit bigger than the normal ones.
- Perfect finish and fit
Spyderco – Paramilitary 2 – Varieties:
The Spyderco Paramilitary 2 comes in four varieties namely:
- Black handle with stainless standard edge blade (Model no: C81GP2)
- Black handle with Black finish blade and clip (Model No: C81GPBK2)
- Digital Camo Handle with Stainless standard edge blade (Model no: C81GPCMO2)
- Digital Camo handle and black finish stainless blade and clip (Model No: C81GPCMOBK2)
Apart from these standard models, you might also find various limited edition varieties like the ones with blue handle and M390 Steel. With all these options available to the already super efficient Spyderco Paramilitary 2, the reach and usage of it is really extensive.
The Improvements made over the original Paramilitary version 1:
- Slimmed G-10 Handle to give enhanced handling and ergonomics.
- Installation of an upgraded pocket clip with 4-way positioning feature to enable tip up/down carry to offer the same level of comfort to both left and right-handed users.
- Improved skeletonized lining.
- An elongated and thin blade with a sharp tip.
- The new bushing pivot system and the pivot pin is actually lowered.
- A larger lanyard hole.
With so many extraordinary features and added advantages to its earlier version, to point out the negative features is indeed a tough job, but the fact is it does have a couple of minor drawbacks:
- The thin tip of the Spyderco Paramilitary 2 is sometimes not suitable for all applications.
- With the locking system of the new paramilitary 2, an individual with his hands on a larger side, might encounter the possibility of getting his palm pinched by the compression lock.
These are actually minor problems which can be taken as a slight warning, but are really vey minute when compared to the numerous advantages of the Spyderco Paramilitary 2.
Advantages over Competition:
To see the actual advantages over the competitors in the market, lets have a quick look of the alternatives available to the Spyderco Paramilitary 2:
The Manix 2 is equally comfy like the PM2, and it comes with more jimping in order to provide enhanced grip. But PM2 has 4 mounting positions when compared to just 2 in the Manix 2. Also the Compression lock of PM1 is undoubtedly superior to that of the ball lock of Manix 2. The PM2 offers a great ease of use to the users with easy opening and closing.
Although being comfortable the Griptilian actually feels and appears quite different from the PM2. With Superior steel, firm grip, smooth edges, compression lock mechanism the PM2 emerges as the perfect winner against its competitor the Griptilian that has sub-standard features when compared to PM2.
But there is a huge price difference that you will have to pay for acquiring a PM2, but as always known good things come with a higher price.
The 940 has a number of benefits like a super light body and fits perfectly in one’s pocket. With a stainless steel handle and a smooth finish it proves to be a perfect knife for a gentleman.
But if you are a lover of adventure and use your knife in a more warrior type of style and then the clear-cut option for you would be definitely the Paramilitary 2. The PM2 gets the clear title of a perfect winner over the 940, with its G-10 grip and a flat grind blade.
With all these advantages over its competitors, the Colorado based company Spyderco proves to be the undisputed leader in the manufacture of quality Pocket Knives and its Paramilitary 2 is the perfect knife, which strikes an acute balance between high performance and sensible features of application.
The Spyderco Paramilitary 2 is the successor of the original Paramilitary version 1 that was out in the market in the year 2004.
- But due to the over-sized body and the various criticisms by competitors and other market players, Spyderco came up with the PM 2 to give a solid and justifiable answer that would actually shut the mouths of all the critics.
- The Spyderco PM 2 ahs satisfied all the needs of knife enthusiasts. With upgraded features and high quality body the PM2 has clearly swept over the other players in the market and emerged as the number 1 pocketknife. Each and every feature of the knife is actually given due consideration and is crafted to perfection.
- Design, Feasibility, Safety, Style, High-end mechanisms, Quality and what more, the Paramilitary 2 from Spyderco has it all. It is indeed proves to be a great boon and matter of dignity to the individual who owns it.
- Though it seems to be slightly expensive when compared to its competitors, one can certainly know the difference and will experience the value for the money spend.
- Pocketknife is one product that you are going to use in times of real need and it has to prove useful and handy and should never let you down.
- For this the quality of the knife is of utmost importance and you cannot blindly trust any pocketknife in the market and entrust your safety to just any knife out there. Be it a journey through the forest or an adventure trip up the mountains or a simple trip with your family, the PM 2 will satiate all your needs and definitely get your job done in perfect swish and style.
You have to actually own and experience the quality and comfort of the PM2 to actually believe it’s worth. PM2 is easily available to you on almost all shopping sites.So what are you waiting for, grab your Spyderco Paramilitary 2 at once. Own the master of knives and be a master!