A pocket knife also known as a jack knife is a foldable knife that can fit into your pocket. It can have just a single blade or multiple blades. There are a number of ways these knives can come handy in our lives. Right from cutting open something, or slicing fruits to doing something life saving, this knife can be a real asset at the most unexpected of times.
There are a number of options you to choose from when you are on the hunt for the best pocket knives. When you are buying yourself a pocket knife, there are a number of aspects to consider such as-
- Is it permitted in your state? Different states have different restrictions when it comes to knives and other such weapons. Ensure what you buy can be used in your state.
- Which brand? Brand matters! If you want a knife that lasts long despite rough usage, always go in for a reputed brand.
- What is it made of? The material used for making the knife is very important. You don’t want your blade to rust or become blunt in very few uses.
- The handle, lock, etc. – Ensure the handle is not only sturdy but is also comfortable to hold as you will need to hold it for a long time when you are on a camping trip etc. A good lock is important to ensure the knife doesn’t open up in your pocket, thus resulting in untoward accidents.
Here is a review of the five best pocket knives to aid your selection process:
Zero Tolerance ZT0350TS G10
- This compact pocket knife measures 4.62 inches when closed and 7.75 inches when opened up. The blade measures 3.25 inches and whole knife weighs just 5.6 ounce. This is in fact 10% lighter than it earlier version, thus making it easier to carry around in your pocket.
- It can be easily opened up by using just one hand as it is equipped with a SpeedSafe manual assist. You can just use the thumb stud or the blade protrusion to open the blade, thus making it easy to open even when you are wearing gloves.
- Full Review HERE
- It is made with S30V stainless steel and is coated with DLC, to ensure it lasts long and also comes with a limited lifetime warranty. The handle is a G-10 in textured matt black colour.
Benchmade Knife 940-1
- A simple pocket knife with a single blade, equipped with a thumb stud opener for easy opening, this blade has a tip up pocket clip that is reversible.
- It has a CPM S90V superior premium stainless steel blade and the handle scales are made of carbon fibre and lined with stainless steel.
- The reversible Tanto blade is excellent to use for a lot of purposes and the knife itself is very light, thus making it easy to carry around in your pocket.
- Read Full Review HERE
- This is one of the lightest and most compact pocket knives in its price range. It is easy to carry and you won’t feel its weight in your pocket. Now that is something you definitely want in a pocket knife when you are outdoors.
Ka-Bar Becker BK2 Campanion Fixed Blade Knife
- When you are out camping a pocket knife is a must have and this knife from Ka-Bar is a full tang heavy duty knife, made just for that purpose. With a hard shell nylon sheath that comes in black colour, this knife is tough and made to withstand all the tough work that it will be put through on your camping trip.
- Read Full Review HERE
- Whether you want to cut vegetables for a quick soup on that camping trip or slit through the skin of your latest hunt, this knife will not disappoint you. You can perform all activities that require a knife, with ease and in style. Measuring 18x5x5 inches and weighing just 1 pound, this knife will not occupy much space in your pocket.
Spyderco Gayle Bradley Folder Carbon Fiber PlainEdge Knife
- Made out of carbon fiber, this pocket knife is of high quality and is meant to last for a long time.
- The blade and the handle are screwed together; hence you don’t have to worry about any welding snapping off when you put too much pressure on the knife. You can also remove them and clean them regularly.
- There are internal liners for the full length of the knife and is also equipped with a steel clip that can be used 4 ways.
- The ground blade is hollow and there is a swedge at the base of the blade’s spine, which helps in reducing the overall weight.
- Read the Full Review HERE
- The handle has a safety lock which ensures the blade doesn’t open up accidentally. It also enhances the appearance of the blade.
5. 710 McHenry & Williams Design Pocket Knife
- This knife from Benchmade measures 8.8 inches in length when opened up and 4.9 inches when it is closed. It weighs 4.5 ounces.
- The blade measures 3.9 inches and is made of D2 steel which makes it very hard and is rated as 58-61HRC for its hardness.
- The knife boasts a modified clip point and thumb studs to open it quickly and with ease. It has an Axis lock to ensure safety.
- This is the first knife from this manufacturers that is equipped with this type of a lock and thumb stud.
- Read the Full Review HERE
- Whether you are left handed or right handed, you can use this knife with ease.
There a number of pocket knives with a variety of features and the importance of these features depend on the usage for the knife. Whenever you buy a pocket knife, try opening it both your hands and close it a few times to check if the lock is secure.
Check the shape of the blade and see if the angle of the curve will be comfortable for you. If you are looking for the best pocket knives, this review will enable you to know more about these knives. Armed with information, it is easier to select the best one suitable for you.
- 1 Here is a review of the five best pocket knives to aid your selection process: